lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Page that makes Lynx crash

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Page that makes Lynx crash
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 21:47:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
> >On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Jean-Pierre Chevalier wrote:
  [ snippings... ]

> >> I went and tried  `Lynx/2.6  libwww-FM/2.14'  and yes,
> >> it also crash.  Just that it does when it reachs the
> >> specific page, rather than right after loading, as
> >> the older versions did.  I wonder what is in there...
> >
> >So you see that Lynx2.6 is more stable :)  (but not perfect.)
>
>       Sure it is!!!!  I added the crash protection for that within
> two minutes after it was reported. :) :) :)

I was also trying to figure out haw to prevent that.  Then luckily I was
wise enough to first check your CHANGES file...

So did you make <OPTION> SGML_MIXED or SGML_RCDATA ?  :)

> >By the way the crash did not occur with the brand new -popup flag
> >from the latest development code (from
> >and it did also not occur with the -dump flag.
>
>       That's because -popup converts SELECT blocks to radio buttons,
> so there's no attempt to handle the invalid OPTIONs markup because it
> converts that to INPUT TYPE="radio", and it's no longer invalid. :) :)
> -dump, -source, and -mime_header would block the crash because interactive
> curses isn't turned on.

Yep, but an old 2.3.6 BETA with which I tried it dumped core no matter
what.  (Took the -dump flag the wrong way it seems.)

  Klaus

;
;