lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV A note on the multipart/form-data code

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A note on the multipart/form-data code
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:40:34 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
> I had a look at the GridText.c from Hiram's latest composite package,
>which includes Fote's recently added code for POSTing form data with
>Content-Type multipart/form-data.  I haven't compiled it yet, but
>here is a note on how the charset parameter is handled which may be
>added by that code:
>[...]

        OK.  I changed that, plus fixed the news:///host/article typo,
plus did a number of enhancements:

11-24-96
* Modified the ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" handling to indicate the
  Content-Type with charset parameter, when known, within each part
  rather than in the main Content-Type header. - FM
* Corrected typo in HTNews.c. - FM
* Added support for setting the suggested filename in 'd'ownload and
  'p'rint options based on the Content-Disposition header if it included
  the string  file; filename=name.suffix  in its value.  Can be used by
  CGI scripts to set the suggested filename for saves to disk, downloads
  or mailings of the script's reply body, so it won't be the last symbolic
  element in the path field of the form's ACTION (which is normally the
  the script, itself, or a PATH_INFO element, and thus misleading). - FM
* Tweaks of change_sug_filename() in LYUtils.c for better handling of
  gzipped files on VMS. - FM
11-23-96
* Added reporting of the Server, Date and Last-Modified headers, if present
  in server replies, to the showinfo ('=') display. - FM
[... everything else as in the 11-23-96 Composite ...]

                                Fote