lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Um, where are, say, the keystroke commands?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Um, where are, say, the keystroke commands?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:05:01 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden

     I'm running Lynx and hit '?' to see the keystroke command and am now
  seeing tons of information on Lynx except any type of keystroke
  commands.  What happened?  :)

                                                        -Ray.

When you issue the HELP command, as for example by means of the
'?'  key binding, you go wherever it said to in the HELPFILE
definition in the lynx.cfg file that the program checked on
startup.  This can and normally should be changed when the
program is installed, but it means we don't always know where '?'
will take _you_ on your system.

One way to see where you got to is by using the information page
that you can call up with the '=' command.  If it is the Lynx
Enhanced Pages, look down the first page to "Help ...for the
latest Lynx," select that and that will get you to the main help
page from which the keystroke command documentation is one of the
early choices.

This will be help for 2.6.  See if whoever installed Lynx on your
system still has the 2.5 release of the help files around and get
lynx.cfg to point to it.  Or get 2.6 on your system, with the
help files installed right.

Al Gilman

This question takes me back...
;