lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx -

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx -
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 00:59:08 -0700

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> writes:

>On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Sven Guckes wrote:
>
>> I am trying to use lynx as a filter to produce a text version of a HTML page.
>> "lynx -help" tells me that I can specify the option "-"
>>
>[The "-" option causes lynx to read ]The arguments, not the contents of an
>HTML document [from STDIN].
>
>On some systems (e.g. Linux), the following works:
>
>   cat /home/httpd-data/iso8859-1.html|lynx -dump -force_html /dev/fd/0
>
>Or write a shell script that creates a temporary file and then -dumps
>that.

Klaus! What's up with the hard way of doing it? The simple command:

   lynx -dump <filename>

should do just fine! Use an absolute or relative path (as desired) to the
file. If the file doesn't have an .html suffix, you might want to add the

   -force_html

argument to the command line.

Scott

 GENEALOGY |  Do you know who your ancestors are?  | Scott McGee