lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?

From: Carl Reimann
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 18:13:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> [ ... ] Would the feature include ability to edit the message
> mailed?  That might then require sysadmin decisions.  Also, it in
> theory is an option to mail a preformatted file. [ ... ]

My opinion is that it should have the effect of a mailto: that
address (webmaster or page author). This would allow one to say
something specific. I don't believe preformatted text should
be used, because that will tend to get the message ignored.
Members of congress pay more attention to unique letters than
to postcards manufactured with an imprinted message. Remember
also that to some extent 'authors' make decisions based upon
annoyance factors. If they decide Lynx users are annoying they
may just exclude them on user agent basis.

Carl

;
;