lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 301,302 versus 303 POST redirection

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 301,302 versus 303 POST redirection
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 14:23:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Note that the new HTTP.c doesn't have anything in it that affects
> the SSL patch, but it may have been changed enough such that the patch
> utility may not find the sections being sought for the SSL patch despite
> the context. If you do a diff of the Composite HTTP.c versus the vanilla
> v2.6 HTTP.c, you can then hand edit the new stuff into your SSLized HTTP.c.

I tried Tom's all-in-one nsl/SSL/socks patch last night against the new
code set, and it worked fine.  One of the chunks that succeeded was off by
18 lines, and there may have been one off by 40, but I can't remember.
The bottom line is that it WAS successful.  I can see the benefits of
context diffs here! :)