lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Assistance Required: Errors in lwiplib.c and Related Fi

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Assistance Required: Errors in lwiplib.c and Related Files After Upgrading LWIP from 1.4.1 to 2.2.0
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 07:48:02 +0100

On 10.01.2024 03:46, Timothy Martin via lwip-users wrote:
I'm including a zip file containing all the updated headers and source
files of LWIP for your reference.
[..]
Here are the details of the issues I'm facing:

 *

    *Error #137 in |lwiplib.c| (Path: /NetworkModule/utils)*:

      o Struct "ip_addr" has no field "addr" at lines 739, 740, 741,
        745, 746, 747, 1174, 1198, 1245, 1246, and 1247.

There's no file 'lwiplib.c' in you ZIP, but I guess you are invalidly
accessing the member 'addr' of the type 'ip_addr'. Don't do that. Use
the accessor functions (you find them in ip.h, I think) to ensure
portability accross versions.

 *

    *Error #137 in |.ccsproject| (External Location:
    C:\ti5\third_party\lwip-1.4.1\src\core)*:

      o Struct "udp_pcb" has no field "lwip_recv" at line 404 (File:
        udp.c).

This and the other errors seem to come from the fact that 'recv' gets
defined to 'lwip_recv' (and probably same issue for 'poll' below). This
is done in sockets.h, but as a macro taking parameters, and sockets.h
should not even be included while compiling udp.c and others, so I can't
really help you here.

Regards,
Simon

      o Struct "tcp_pcb" has no field "lwip_recv" at lines 501, 541,
        1568, and 1581 (File: tcp.c).
      o Struct "tcp_pcb_listen" has no field "lwip_accept" at lines
        956 and 667 (File: tcp_in.c).
 *

    *Error #56-D and #29 in |.ccsproject| (External Location:
    C:\ti5\third_party\lwip-1.4.1\src\core)*:

      o Too many arguments in invocation of macro "recv" at line 404
        (File: udp.c).
      o Expected an expression at line 1428 (File: tcp.c).
      o Too few arguments in invocation of macro "poll" at line 1428
        (File: tcp.c).

I have attempted to troubleshoot these issues by reviewing the
documentation and searching for similar problems faced by others,
but I haven't found a clear solution yet.

Any help or pointers on how to address these errors would be
immensely helpful. I am especially interested in understanding if
these are known issues when upgrading from LWIP 1.4.1 to 2.2.0, and
if there are any specific changes or considerations I should be
aware of.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Your expertise
and advice are invaluable to me and others facing similar challenges.

Best,
Timothy