lwip-users

[lwip-users] Is netconn/socket fullduplex still "really alpha"?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: [lwip-users] Is netconn/socket fullduplex still "really alpha"?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 17:47:02 -0000 (UTC)

I've been reading up on netconn/sockets and thread-safety. At
https://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/group__lwip__opts__netconn.html
it says this about the "fullduplex" option:

        "ATTENTION: This is currently really alpha!"

Is that accurate?

That presumably applies to the socket api also?

One of the main industrial protocol stacks we want to run requires
thread-safe socket operations (read from one thread, write from
another), so lwIP stable may not be usable for that product. [I don't
know if "close from a third" is required or not.]

--
Grant