lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Wait queue order for mutex, semaphore, mailbox?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Wait queue order for mutex, semaphore, mailbox?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:16:52 +0100

Am 11.11.2021 um 17:36 schrieb Grant Edwards:
What should the wait queue order be for lwIP mailboxes, mutexes, and
semaphores?

The port I'm trying to fix-up and get running is configuring all for
FIFO wait queues.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean 'if multiple
threads are waiting, which one gets woken first'? In that case, it's
nothing we as lwIP developers can answer: it's mainly a question of how
you want your system to behave. Using a decent embedded RTOS, I would
say the answer is "the thread with the highest priority should be woken
first", but that's really up to how your OS shall behave.

Regards,
Simon