lwip-users

[lwip-users] MEMP_SYS_TIMEOUT is empty: MQTT with LwIP 2.1.2

From: Luciano Moretti
Subject: [lwip-users] MEMP_SYS_TIMEOUT is empty: MQTT with LwIP 2.1.2
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 12:03:36 -0500

Hi:
I'm porting our project from an STM32F407 to an STM32F765 and ran into the following issue going through our tests:

Using the RAW API in LwIP 2.1.2.
UDP, TCP, DHCP and SNTP all work.

When I try to test MQTT the debugger stops at timeouts.c, sys_timeout_abs()  line 190
 LWIP_ASSERT("sys_timeout: timeout != NULL, pool MEMP_SYS_TIMEOUT is empty", timeout != NULL);

This is called from the mqtt_tcp_connect_cb() through  sys_timeout(MQTT_CYCLIC_TIMER_INTERVAL * 1000, mqtt_cyclic_timer, client)

I'm having trouble finding where MEMP_SYS_TIMEOUT is defined in the code, or figuring out why we're running out. I'm sort of surprised as this worked on the older board and is now not working on the new board and I can't find the difference.

What is the prefered method of adding timers for applications?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide,

Luciano Moretti