lwip-users

[lwip-users] HTTPD Web server and Google Chrome problem

From: Info
Subject: [lwip-users] HTTPD Web server and Google Chrome problem
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 11:17:48 +0200

Hi

I'm using the lwIP (1.4.1) with a web server (httpd from the httpserver_raw of the corresponding contrib package) in my embedded application. Since a few month I'm seeing a problem with browsers on Windows OS (version seems doesn't matter) using the "Chrome engine" (Edge, Vivaldi an of course Chrome itself) if accessing the web server (Firefox does not have the problem). On Linux there are no problems at all (Vivaldi for example does not have this problem). The embedded application itself uses FreeRTOS.

Problem description:
The browser loads web content from the web server and starts to communicate periodically with the web server. With browsers using the "Chrome engine" the communication stops after a view minutes. With Firefox all works fine (for hours or days). After reload of the web content in the browser the whole starts again, that means the web server and the lwIP are NOT crashing and running until the next problem of the communication.

I have attached a Wireshark capture, which shows the stop of the communication with web server.

Does someone have an idea why this happens ? Some help would be apprenticed.

P.S.: I know the lwIP version is an old one. I have planned to update it to the newest version, but not at this time if it is not absolutely required.

Thank you very much,
Roland