lwip-users

[lwip-users] MQTT: Matching data to topic for InPub?

From: Luciano Moretti
Subject: [lwip-users] MQTT: Matching data to topic for InPub?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 15:28:06 -0500

Hi:
Looking at getting MQTT working and while Outgoing Publishes and Subscription Requests are working I have a question trying to resolve the Incoming Publishes. The MQTT client uses 2 callbacks to split the Incoming Publish: The mqtt_incoming_publish_cb_t() and the mqtt_incoming_data_cb_t(). Looking at the MQTT Client code a single MQTT_MSG_TYPE_PUBLISH packet comes into the mqtt_message_recieved() function and gets split between the two callbacks. Why is this split instead of sending the topic+data in one callback? If we have multiple subscriptions is it guaranteed that we'll receive an incoming Topic callback, then the matching incoming data callback? I think this is the case as we're in a single-threaded RAW API context.

Thanks,
Luciano