lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Assertion "pcb->snd_queuelen >= pbuf_clen(next->p)" fai

From: Tomas Mudrunka
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Assertion "pcb->snd_queuelen >= pbuf_clen(next->p)" failed after TCP handshake
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 01:22:38 +0200

Any idea what might be causing this?
I am not sure how should i handle the case with netif having its own
task sending data to netif->input()
Is there some explicit locking required?

This is a special case where locking is taken care of. However:
- SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT needs to be set (this takes care of locking the
memp pools)

Do you think it might be problem that i do that on
LWIP v2.1.2 with core locking disabled? Namely:

#define LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING 0
#define LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING_INPUT 0

Might get that enabled in far future, but i can't really enable that right now,
because i don't have control over the upstream build system...

How can i correctly pass the packet from my thread to tcpip_input()
without such lock?

I can use FreeRTOS queue to transport it to different context if needed.
But i am not sure where.

--
S pozdravem
Best regards