lwip-users

[lwip-users] RAW API TCP connect timeout?

From: Luciano Moretti
Subject: [lwip-users] RAW API TCP connect timeout?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:34:23 -0500

Hello:
I'm using the raw API and trying to establish TCP connections, but it does not look like the connection ever times out if the target ip address isn't on the network.

My expectation was that after a reasonable time the error callback would be triggered with some indication that the connection failed.

Will LwIP sit forever trying to connect to a non-existent host? Is there a reason that this is the behavior? Is there a setting I need to change somewhere to cause a timeout after a second or so?

Thanks,
Luciano