lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP and second IP feasible?

From: AshiGupta
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP and second IP feasible?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 08:07:44 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I am also working on enabling multiple ip address using lwip on single
etherent interface.
Below is the information i have till now

1. Need to create multiple netif connections
2. Need to use LWIP_ARP_FILTER_NETIF  macro written in
/lwip/code/include/netif/ethernet.h by defining it to 1
3. Need to implement LWIP_ARP_FILTER_NETIF_FN() function which will be used
for filtering the packets based on the ip address
4. Add multiple routes using mib2_add_route_ip4() function for two different
ip addresses.

Is there any need of having separate netif_set_up() function call for
setting up the interface. I think yes but internally it creates a netif
status callback. Is it required to have multiple netif status callback
functions?

There can be some more things also that i need to look into in order to
enable multiple ip address for single interface.

Is there any steps / documentaton available that can help me to identify the
other modifications needed to create multiple ip address.