lwip-users

[lwip-users] Elevating existing connection to TLS

From: Josh McAtee
Subject: [lwip-users] Elevating existing connection to TLS
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 08:55:57 -0700

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a "simple" way to take an existing TCP connection and make it TLS.
For example, STARTTLS in SMTP starts with a non-encrypted connection, then switches to encrypted after some back and forth, using the existing connection.
I was looking at the code wondering how to achieve this, and it didn't seem clear to me how to do it.
Anyone have experience with this?