lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] cannot establish connection if vj.c is optimized with -

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] cannot establish connection if vj.c is optimized with -O2 option
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:27:59 +0100

Hi Artem,

śr., 11 gru 2019 o 17:36 mav <address@hidden> napisał(a):
>  Hi, all!
>
>  I have a problem with lwip 2.0.3. I am switching on optimization of
>  whole project to gcc -O2 option and I am getting into connection
>  problem (cannot establish socket connection over PPPoS). When I turn
>  off the optimization for vj.c only (use -Og) or when I disable VJ
>  (#define VJ_SUPPORT 0), the problem disappears.
>
>  What may be the problem?

I know it does not work with -O2, the VJ code is crap.

Why do you need VJ for ? It is useless with cellular modems, it is
useless in PPPoE and PPPoL2TP, AFAIK the last user was dial-up modems,
are they still used in the wild ?

I was mostly planning at disabling it by default and setting it broken
instead of trying to fix it. It actually never really worked, I fixed
some issues to make it works a little a couple of years ago but there
are still issues.

Sylvain