lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPPos does not detect modem disconnection

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPPos does not detect modem disconnection
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 20:35:13 +0100

Am 07.11.2019 um 17:49 schrieb vinimac:
Hi all,

I am simulating a signal loss by removing the antenna from the modem and it
keep sending packets to a server using TCP socket. After remove the antenna,
the function send wont fail() and error number is not set too.

I was expecting TCP layer to detect the lack of TCP ACK or PPP should have
some timeout?

PPP might detect connection loss, but TCP won't. That's expected, unless
you use LWIP_TCP_KEEPALIVE (just gxxxle for tcp keepalive...).

Regards,
Simon

I am running Lwip 2.0 from ESP32 SDK.
HISTORY