lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTP keep alive SSI

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTP keep alive SSI
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 19:17:11 +0200

Am 06.09.2019 um 19:05 schrieb tomek wilkxt:

    Hi Tomek,

    are you aware of email threads and that you just hijacked another
    thread?
    Never use the "reply" feature unless actually responding to a mail!

ok, my mistake

And please, send text-only mails when sending mails to mailing lists!
Thanks!

    "tomek wilkxt" wrote:
     > Hi
     > I read this form "httpd_opts.h" file :
     > " * A downside of the current SSI implementation is that
    persistent connections
     >  * don't work, as the file length is not known in advance (and
    httpd currently
     >  * relies on the Content-Length header for persistent connections).
     >  *
     >
     > Do you have a way to solve this problem? I need a permanent
    connection for xml.json.

    You could use a form of HTTP chunked encoding,

You could explain more precisely ?

Not in detail, that would get too long here. Just google for "http
chunked encoding". Basically, you don't send a content length for the
whole response in advance, but you encode the content length in the body
(there are different types of encoding it). Thus the client can know
when the response is finished (without sending FIN).

    Instead, I used custom files to create such JSON files (not using
    SSI). Your
    custom file handler code can then set these files to have a length
    so that
    a persistent connection is not a problem.

But, how create dynamically json/xml file with variable without SSI?

Have a look at this example in our sources:
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/tree/contrib/examples/httpd/genfiles_example/genfiles_example.c

Regards,
Simon