lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_active_pcbs got corrupted in LwIP 2.0.3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_active_pcbs got corrupted in LwIP 2.0.3
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 20:52:47 +0200

Am 23.05.2019 um 13:50 schrieb Yasir Arafat:
Hi, Thank for reply.
But still I am facing problem.
Basically my implemented based on the example provided by ST-
1. 'ethernet_input' thread take data from Ethernet driver and pass to
'tcpip_input' . Which then passes data
     to 'tcpip_thread' through message(mail box).
2. 'tcpip_thread' take input data through mail box and call all raw api (as
I am running httpd.c server).

No other threads are using RAW api directly.
I tried core locking as you suggested ,

I suggested to use core locking? When?

performance gets better in term of
tcp_active_pcb corruption. But still some time while client Established if
we restart controller it got tcp_active_pcb corrupted.
I don't want to core lock because of there would be chances of priority
inversion.
Both thread has the same priority.

Well, I can't debug your setup, but corrupted lists *nearly always* had
to do with violating lwIP's threading requirements in the past.

And using and example provided by ST certainly does *not* help against
this. In the past, such vendor examples have been some of the worst -
not necessarily ST, but they weren't the best, either...

Regards,
Simon