lwip-users

[lwip-users] MQTTs: connect after disconnect

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: [lwip-users] MQTTs: connect after disconnect
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 11:11:22 +0200

First MQTTs connection works fine. However I noticed that the second connection attempt after a disconnection doesn't work.

For example, if I unplug Ethernet cable, MQTT client detects connection failure (because of lacks of PINGRESP from server) and disconnect. The MQTT connection callback is normally called with status=MQTT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT, I fire a 3s timeout. In the timer callback, I call again mqtt_client_connect(), this time without success. As you can understand, I need to keep the connection to server up.

I'm investigating what happens and I found something strange. During mqtt_client_connect() many allocations were made with altcp_tls_new(). However I couldn't find where exactly those allocations are freed at disconnection time. I think I have some memory allocation problem during the second attempt, because the memory allocated during first connection isn't freed.

Another strange thing I noticed. Is it sure that mqtt_disconnect() shouldn't call connection callback registered in mqtt_client_connect()?