lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Raw TCP - PBuf segment not decreasing

From: LRA_
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Raw TCP - PBuf segment not decreasing
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:11:32 -0700 (MST)

Well okay I did some more tests.
Also I changed where tcp_write loading from my buffer happens. Now it's in
tcp_sent instead of the timer interrupt that calls lwIPTimer.

Decided to use putty to read the data. I assume it's pretty fast for that.
This should remove a bottleneck on the PC side.
Had it running for 30minutes with no apparent loss. Wireshark shows 800kb/s
with 1s window.
The problem I see is that pcb->snd_queuelen creeps up. In that test it went
up to 13-16.
Tried a shorter test where I stopped the generation of messages (stopped

Not sure if this is normal behavior, not sure whats causing it.

On a side note. I had a problem where adding a simple volatile uint32_t,
working as a boolean, to the message generator "if" caused Fault in
tcp_output when doing "add segment to tail of unacked list". It seems pcb
was NULL... Not sure if this was the compiler being silly.