lwip-users

[lwip-users] netconn_recv memory leak

From: Mattia Berton
Subject: [lwip-users] netconn_recv memory leak
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:07:56 -0700 (MST)

Hello,
I'm using LWIP (2.0.2) with ESP32. I'm using netconn for communicating, and
since the payload is too large, I've implemented a while loop to get the
full message. However, I'm observing a memory leak in this part of the
project:

err = netconn_recv(conn, &inbuf);
while (conn->recv_avail > 0)
{
        err = netconn_recv(conn, &inbuf);
        netbuf_data(inbuf, (void**)&buf, &buflen);
        snprintf(&test[j], buflen + 1, "%s", buf);
        j += buflen;
}
// close the connection and free the buffer
netconn_close(conn);
netbuf_delete(inbuf);

In particular, it seems that netconn_recv inside the while loop is what is
leaking the memory. I tried to free the memory inside the while loop using
the netconn_close(conn);, but it doesn't work.
How can I correctly free the memory of netconn_recv?

Thank you,
Mattia