lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Request for ALTCP example etc.

From: goldsimon
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Request for ALTCP example etc.
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2018 08:34:47 +0200

Am 4. August 2018 04:52:36 MESZ schrieb Richard Man <address@hidden>:
>Hello pardon me for asking newbie question.
>
>With the requisite call
>
>mqtt_client_info.tls_config = altcp_tls_create_config_client(cert,
>sizeof(cert));
>

>Let's say I am using an embedded system with no file system support. I
>am
>communicating with a server only and will not be acting as a server for
>other clients. TLS is used for MQTT data encryption.
>
>Is it correct that in this scenario I can use a self-signing
>certificate?

This is more of an mbedtls related question. Honestly, without looking at the
code, I can't even tell you whether this is really a client certificate or the
certificate chain to trust for server certificates...

>I used Java Keytool to create a .cer file. Is it the case that I can
>convert
>the .cer file into a C array, and then use it in the call above?

This is also mbedtls related. Lwip just passed the certificate through to
mbedtls code. I think I used openssl to create the certificates.

Simon