lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip + FreeRTOS socket sharing error

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip + FreeRTOS socket sharing error
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:00:27 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:37:29AM -0700, alweib wrote:
> Thanks for the quick and helpful answer, Simon.
>
> >The versions of both lwIP and FreeRTOS you are using are pretty old. At
> >least lwIP has numerous bugs fixed since then.
>
> These where the newest versions i could find that was ported to work on the
> AVR32 chips.

Newest, really ? Advanced|Atmel Software Framework (ASF) v3.39 ships
FreeRTOS 10.0.0 and lwIP 1.4.1.

By the way, AVR32 are all NRND, I'm surprised there are still ongoing
development on those old friends :)

> I guess upgrading lwip is no easy task?

That's almost a drop-in replacement, one difficult part is netif
up/link-up flags change.

http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/upgrading.html
http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/pitfalls.html

> > but only recent git master versions support aborting waiting read
> > threads on close.
>
> Could you elaborate?

LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX comprehensive support option is not released yet
but land in Git master.

Sylvain