lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] BSD 4-clause in some of lwIPs files

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] BSD 4-clause in some of lwIPs files
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 15:06:17 +0200

Wolf Heidrich wrote:
> we noticed that there are some source files that have a BSD 4-clause licence
> in them, e.g., in src\include\netif\ppp_oe.h it says after the BSD 3-clause
> header:
> /* based on NetBSD: if_pppoe.c,v 1.64 2006/01/31 23:50:15 martin Exp */
>
> <BSD 4-clause text>
>
> Question: Do we have to abide by that BSD 4-clause as well? If so, is there a
> version that does not include the BSD 4-clause licence?

This should only be the case in the PPP sources. That is because
they were copied from pppd (ppp.samba.org) and of course we cannot
change their license. This should cover files under 'src/netif/ppp'
and 'src/include/netif/ppp'.

As long as you don't use PPP, you could just remove the files from
your copy and be fine.

Simon