lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Set static IP and set manually DNS IP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Set static IP and set manually DNS IP
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 10:50:10 +0100

cookies_do wrote:
> I want to set static IP and manually set IPs for DNS servers in lwIP 2.0.3.
> When setting and using this separately, it works. Changes that I made were:
> LWIP_DHCP set to 0,
> LWIP_DHCP_MAX_DNS_SERVERS set to 0,
> LWIP_AUTOIP is set to 0.
>
> IP mode is selected to IPADDR_USE_STATIC in main and static IP addres is
> set. DNS servers IPs are set in dns_setserver() function (also in main).
> But, still does not work.
>
> Anyone has an idea?

Neither IPADDR_USE_STATIC nor main.c is part of lwIP. Maybe that's why noone
answered the first time you sent this mail.

Anyway, this should work. Meaning you probably did something wrong and might
want to debug it.
How should we know what's wrong from "still does not work"? ;-)
Maybe you call dns_setserver too early.

Simon