lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Packet queuing to an ARP table entry

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Packet queuing to an ARP table entry
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:58:29 +0100

Amena El Homsi wrote:
For the outgoing packets, in low_level_output() function, We copy the headers from the pbuf RAM to the frame memory and we inform the HW of the address of the frame to be sent. Then HWMAC will send the frame over the air and after it is successfully sent and the ACK is received, HWMAC send us the frame address to clean it.

OK, so much to the low level driver. I don't know from that how you know when you can reuse the ROM pointer in your application unless you have a strong connection between your application (highest level) and the driver (lowest level), which would really be weird.

If it works for you, why not. It's just not a good example, I guess.

Simon