lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IPv6 MTU vs IPv4 MTU

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IPv6 MTU vs IPv4 MTU
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 20:21:14 +0200

Raphael Zulliger wrote:
I'd like to stress again that both, the mentioned Ubuntu and a Windows 10 system respect different MTUs for IPv4 and IPv6

That was clear from the first mail. Maybe it got clear from my mail, that I wanted to know what are the downsides of our behaviour.

I failed to read from the specs that we are wrong seeing MTU as unique (i.e. per interface, not per protocol).

Also, lwIP will always have limitations compared to bigger stacks to be more lightweight. The question is if this MTU thing is something we must change or we can live with. Noone has yet brought a good reason for a change.

Simon