lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 pcb->next != pcb assert

From: Markus Pischinger
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 pcb->next != pcb assert
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:24:09 +0200

Hello,
in one of my applications I sometimes run into the following assert:
LWIP_ASSERT("tcp_input: pcb->next != pcb (before cache)", pcb->next != pcb);
I've already researched a bit and couldn't find the problem.. i've checked for tcp_abort without returning ERR_ABRT and double calls of tcp_close as these two were mentioned most often as a cause. How else could this happen?

During my tests i noticed that it seems to be happening only on high traffic (with multiple connections) and then quiet frequently, with low traffic it runs for days without problems.

I'm using LwIP 1.4.1 with Raw API and the sam4e_gmac ethernetif provided by atmel.

Maybe my problem is within my tcp_accept callback as i'm only accepting one connection and whenever someone else tries to connect during the connection is used I call tcp_close - what would be the proper way to handle such case?

Thanks!