lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPPoS: ppp session disconnect if hit bad fcs for LCP pa

From: Axel Lin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPPoS: ppp session disconnect if hit bad fcs for LCP packet
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 12:28:46 +0800

> On 6/30/2017 11:18 AM, Axel Lin wrote:
>>
>> It's not easy to hit this issue, usually it needs to run for a couple
>> hours or more than one day.
>> But the symptom seems to be the same.
>>
>> BTW, my device always keep sending data to LTE through pppos.
>> I'm wondering why the bad fcs usually happened on LCP packet.
>

> Can you dump out the failing LCP packet?  And maybe a few of the preceding
> packets?  What kind of connection do you have between the micro running lwip
> and the LTE modem?  Is there any way to tap that serial link and watch it to
> compare that against your micro's serial receive routine?
Hi Patrick,

I cannot tap the serial link now, but I will try to dump out the failing packet.
My device keep sending data to a http server.
i.e. compare to the the total traffic count, LCP packet is pretty small count.
So i'm wondering why the bad fcs usually happens on LCP packet.
I have to test it more times.

Thanks for your comment,
Axel