lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sock

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sockets.h
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 20:45:19 +0200

Joan Lledó wrote:
they are
using different versions of the usual socket macros like MSG_PEEK,
SOCK_STREAM, etc.
[..]
Anyone faced this problem before?

At least I don't know of anyone. Up to now, we said: use lwIP *or* your OS, I guess noone tried to use lwIP for an OS providing a sys/socket.h, yet.

The problem I see is how would we know which things to override and which not? What about structs? What about function prototypes?

If we found a clean way to separate this, I would be open to change this in mainline lwIP so it could be used without changes, but I'm not convinced, yet...

Simon