lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP RAW API tcpip_callback()

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP RAW API tcpip_callback()
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:32:36 +0200

Werner Motz wrote:
---> passing tcp_active_pcbs is not necessary because as u already
mentioned, I could call it everywhere. I just tried to give a parameter to
the callback function.

The usage of tcpip_callback should be OK.

---> Obviously it is not good / right to call macros and functions from
there. Could you mention another way where to get the active pcbs from
outside the lwip thread?

There is absolutely *no* need to get the active pcbs! An application should work on its own pcb, not on all active pcbs!

I can only repeat myself:
- regarding C knowledge, this is off-topic here. You might have noticed noone but Dirk and me answered... - regarding lwIP: I don't think such a stack is a good project to start with C, but if you insist: try reading other applications to see how the stack is being used.
---> You are wrong! Lwip_init() has been called before. If you would have
read my message you would know that I am able to establish a connection and
receive data via recv callback.

What makes you think I haven't read your message? I can imagine bogus configuration/usage scenarios where connect/recv works without the tcpip_thread mbox allocated.

[..] and going
to cancel my address from the mail list.

Oh, in that case, maybe I should not have answered... Well...

Cheers,
Simon