lwip-users

[lwip-users] Unusual termination of a TCP connection.

From: Roger Cover
Subject: [lwip-users] Unusual termination of a TCP connection.
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:38:49 -0700

Greetings,

I have a server application using lwIP 1.4.1. When I use a Python program to
connect to my server, the server always terminates the TCP connection with a
RST instead of a FIN packet. The RST appears to be negatively impacting the
performance of my communications. I have attached a Wireshark capture of the
traffic in the attached file lwIP141.pcapng. In this file my server is at
address 192.168.0.175.

I previously implemented a server using the lwIP 1.2.0 library (about a decade
ago), and did not encounter this problem. The attached file lwip120.pcapng is a
Wireshark capture of the same Python program communicating with the old lwIP
1.2.0 server. In this file my server is at address 192.168.0.175. Using lwIP
1.2.0 the TCP connection terminates normally with a FIN, FIN+ACK, ACK set.

Does anyone have any insight into why the RST is being issued? Is there
anything I can do to eliminate this problem? I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Roger W. Cover
Spectral Instruments, Inc.
420 N. Bonita Ave.