lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] stm32 ethernet interrup priority

From: Erkan Ersoy
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] stm32 ethernet interrup priority
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:30:12 +0000 (UTC)

I saw that page.
I thought ethernet is most important task after RTOS internal working. So I set it to 6 (could be 5 since it can be equal but to be safe side)
And I thought I should set other priorities below that so i set USART to 7;

So all I need is set interrupt priorities above 5 for all interrupts I created; I guess.

On Monday, August 22, 2016 3:14 PM, FreeRTOS Info <address@hidden> wrote:

On 22/08/2016 13:00, Erkan Ersoy wrote:
> Thank you Noam;
>
> Somethings are confusing but i think i get it

Yes, confusing.

> #define configKERNEL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY (
> configLIBRARY_LOWEST_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY << (8 - configPRIO_BITS) )
> #define configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY (
> configLIBRARY_MAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY << (8 - configPRIO_BITS) )
>
> those values are
> configKERNEL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY : 240
> configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY: 80

Those values are used by FreeRTOS itself, which is portable across all
ARM Cortex devices, which have varying number of implemented priority
bits (in hardware).

> but they never used those defines so they used only values above 5
> without defines. Those defines stay there idle.

Some libraries want the full 8 bit values (which is how the hardware
always sees the values), other libraries want unshifted values.

> I use 6 for ethernet interrupt and 7 for USART interrupt now it seems
> work fine

So 7 have a logically lower priority, despite being a higher numeric value.

The following link may make things clearer, or alternatively, murkier :o)

http://www.freertos.org/RTOS-Cortex-M3-M4.html

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
The de facto standard, downloaded every 4.2 minutes during 2015.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/plus
IoT, Trace, Certification, TCP/IP, FAT FS, Training, and more...