lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:50:02 +0000

Hi, Sylvain.
Sorry for the delay on replying.

Thank you for implementing this. I'll try it out when Beta 2 is published.

> > 2) In lcp_init(), several PPP options are hard-coded, such as
> > negotiating the async map and compression. Is there a programmatic
> > way to set these options at either compile-time or run-time without
> > directly modifying the lcp_init() function? If so, how?
>
> We are now able to add as many macros as necessary to change the PPP
> configuration without changing the API but I don't want to bloat ppp.h with
> macros for every possible config option, most are close to useless anyway,
> which options would you need ?

Agreed that most won't be necessary.
Right now, I'd like to be able to set the following lcp_options:
passive, silent, restart*, neg_pcompression, neg_acompression

I don't need it myself, but there should also (probably) be an "easy" way to set neg_asyncmap, along with defining the actual async map itself. (Maybe there already is? I didn't look.)

If I think of others as I go along, I'll post again.

*restart may not be needed. I don't see it implemented anywhere. But for my application, I need a way to ensure the PPP connection stays up/reconnects as often as possible. (I do it with the link status callback now, which is fine.)

Thanks.
-- G