lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HardFault with lwip

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HardFault with lwip
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:26:37 -0300

I guess by "HardFault" that you are running some port for some ARM processor. You should be able to follow the HardFault and determine where the fault is, and report that to the one who did the port. Your processor exception mechanism is well documented. I guess you are running a Cortex-M, where a HardFault is an escalation of a specific fault, which you could enable and have a clearer understanding of what is going on.
FreeRTOS has tutorials on this
http://www.freertos.org/Debugging-Hard-Faults-On-Cortex-M-Microcontrollers.html