lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Detect DHCP enabled for netif

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Detect DHCP enabled for netif
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 13:42:07 -0300

Noam, that is exactly what a low-level (mean hw) guy like me would think...

Being that I assign DHCP or not depending on MY configuration, I would
have a config bit or a special IP (0.0.0.0 for not assigned
255.255.255.255 for DHCP, I prefer a bit anyway, non-volatile is not
THAT expensive these days...) to detect DHCP has been configured and act
according to MY configuration.
(Well, the end user of HIS device (MY device) could change HIS
configuration but inside MY device is MY configuration, MY
responsibility, MY problem...) ;^)

I can't conceive a scenario where something happens to the config of a
netif and I'm not aware of it. High-level guys, please enlighten me.