lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IP connection going down spontaneous

From: Sandra Gilge
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IP connection going down spontaneous
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:23:06 +0100

Hallo,

Regarding my Problem with the ARP flooding:

It was indeed a problem of the driver for the Ethernet MAC (which was from ADI).

It simply disabled and never reenable the MAC interrupts, when running out of receive buffers.

It is surprising that the problem did occure so seldom.

The ARP flooding can be provoked by connecting a loop in the switch on purpose.

I will add this test for my stability tests for future problems.

Best regards,

Sandra

Hallo Sergio,

I know that there is no such thing like IP connection, sorry for the

incorrect phrasing.

I'm using the sockets API. The OS is VDK (Analog Devices).

I can't post the traffic since it is the traffic of the customer. Everythig

works fine almost all of the time. It does only happen at one customer,

never in my lab.

The traffic of the customer showed a kind of ARP flooding (but not from our

devices). That was the only remarkable thing I could see in the traffic.

After that I could not ping our devices, Webserver(TCP) was not reachable,

SIP Message (UDP) did not go out any more.

I've got several tasks using different UDP and TCP sockets for SIP, MDNS,

NTP, HTTP Server etc.

I've no way to look at lwip_stats in a installed system, since I have no

access to it except ethernet.

Message: 1