lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Can't process incoming UDP packets after oneofhosts is

From: Grzegorz Niemirowski
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Can't process incoming UDP packets after oneofhosts is powered down
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:13:23 +0200

I'm pretty sure there are memory leaks. But I don't think it is TIME-WAIT. In my tests TCP connection is not established because there is no service running so lwip gets RST packet. Or the remote host is turned off and I think there is no TIME-WAIT state. Where can memory leaks be? I cut down communication to just TCP: one socket created and closed every minute. And still there is a problem. I use lwip 1.4.1. As far as I know this is last stable release, commonly used and working well for a lot of people. Everything works as long as remote host is turned on (there is no service running so it answers with RST). After I turn it off there is memory leak after a few minutes (I suppose ARP entries expiring then).

tcp start
tcp finished
tcp start
tcp finished
tcp start
tcp finished
tcp start
tcp finished
tcp start
tcp finished
tcp start
tcp finished
tcp start
tcp finished
tcp startmemp_malloc: pool NETBUF
memp_malloc: pool NETBUF
memp_malloc: out of memory in pool NETBUF
[...]

Best regards,
Grzegorz Niemirowski

Darius Babrauskas <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):
Hi,
Maybe memory leaks occurs. (TCP TIME-WAIT list).
Which lwip version you using? Maybe need update.
Darius