lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP HTTP Issue sending multiple packets

From: connorla
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP HTTP Issue sending multiple packets
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:57:17 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been doing some studying of the suggested
contrib files. First let me answer your questions:

Atmel's support of this is minimal as they recognize it is a third party
stack.

It is using the RAW API with no OS. It is based off of the one in the
contrib tree and simplifications/ syntax changes are made.
The original Atmel HTTP example opens a webpage with a button that allows
you to control an led on the demo board from this webpage. It therefore
operates as follows: the browser (client) calls for the html page which has
a button which when toggled calls the cgi on the MCU (server) and turns
on/off the led on the board.

Now I am trying to change this application to simply just use the client
(browser or MATLAB) to open the http connection with the server (MCU), have
the MCU read data form a microphone and then send this data back to the
client over the http connection.

>From my research so far, I have found my confusion lies in where/how I send
the data since it would come from my application. To elaborate, in the
contrib http example, I believe they call the application in the http_recv
function which I wan't to make sure is the right place to call it in my
case. Since I am trying to get data from a microphone I need a lot of data
to get a good sample period. I am unsure of the correct way to en queue
multiple packets to be sent.

Here's the scenario: Max packet buffer size is 1536Bytes; I need multiple of
these packets to be sent for my needed sample period; when the client calls
the server, I need it to read the mic and store multiple packets (filling up
buffers of max size) right away, then I need to process these and send them
out after storing;  Once I have this data, I get stuck in trying to send all
the packets. I tried allocating more PBUFs but that didn't seem to be the
issue. Can I utilize http_write (which abstracts tcp_write) to en queue all
these buffers one at a time and then they will be sent out, or is it not
possible to do it this way?

I apologize for my inexperience in this area, hopefully it makes more sense
now.