lwip-users

[lwip-users] Filtering ICMP packets in ping example

From: Grzegorz Niemirowski
Subject: [lwip-users] Filtering ICMP packets in ping example
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 02:47:20 +0100

Hello all.
While working with ping example from contrib I noticed strange effect: there was no timeout when an unreachable address was pinged and the while loop inside ping_recv was constantly executing It turned out that it was because the device was constantly pinged from a PC to check if the TCP/IP stack is working. Therefore the socket was not receiving replies from pinged address but it was receiving echo requests from PC. So here is my question: is it possible to filter out ICMP packets which are not from pinged address? Or I need to stop relaying on the SO_RCVTIMEO timeout associated with a socket and measure elapsed time with additional code?

Grzegorz Niemirowski
http://www.grzegorz.net/