lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] multicast group membership not working for tap device

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] multicast group membership not working for tap device
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:39:26 +0100

Sylvain Rochet wrote:
Hello Stefan,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 08:35:15PM +0000, Stefan P. Galanos wrote:
As a side question, I was wondering why the system command ifconfig(in
file tapif.c) used to configure the tap0 device uses the gateway
instead of the IP:
GW is Linux-side, Host is lwIP-side, it's that simple :)

Am I correct to remember some changes in this area? Plus he says he's using 1.4.x...?

(I can't help on the Multicast/IGMP part).

Unfortunately, I can't really help here, too (and Frédéric who wrote that part doesn't seem to be too active here, any more). Anyway, as I think you're speaking of registering lwIP as multicast consumer *inside* your linux, is this supported by tapif at all? Normally, switches implement this via IGMP snooping and I'm not sure linux does this internally...

Simon