lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Understanding retransmission

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Understanding retransmission
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:19:57 +0100

Jan Menzel wrote:
> In line 21 the shark records a duplicated ACK, which
> I've seen a few times already (there is one in line 7 for example.).

I don't know what the reason for the Dup ACK in frame #7 is, but for frame #21,
the reason seems to be a corrupted TCP checksum of frame #14.
To see what the reason is here, try to:
- pass TCP_WRITE_FLAG_COPY to tcp_write() (when using the raw api)
- set LWIP_CHECKSUM_ON_COPY to 0 (or LWIP_CHECKSUM_ON_COPY to 1)

and see if that helps (and which of the two).

Also, I've commited a possible bugfix for LWIP_CHECKSUM_ON_COPY some days ago,
maybe that fixes your problem?

Simon