lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Missing ACKs in Websocket echo server

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Missing ACKs in Websocket echo server
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:50:11 -0300

I suggest that you use breakpoints and actually debug your code.
Many of us here are willing to help on networking issues and even catch
lwIP bugs, but it is sort of near to impossible to guess what the
problem in your code is just by looking at a wireshark capture file.

I also suggest you download the examples in the contrib tree and study
them. There you will see how a tcp_recv() callback has to work.
tcp_recved() tells the stack you have taken care of the data, so it can
manage ACKs, but to work, the stack needs to be called when an Ethernet
frame (for example) arrives. You provide no info on what you are doing
and how you call the stack, whether you are using bare metal or an RTOS,
and I could guess you use the raw API because you mentioned tcp_recved()
and tcp_recv().

Have you confirmed your tcp_recv() function is called on incoming frames
and there is no delay there ?