lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] change PHY and strange behaviour

From: Noam weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] change PHY and strange behaviour
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 19:40:55 +0300

Hi,

First of all DP83484 has a few versions. I worked with the DP83484M and
DP83484C. I also worked with Marvel
Switch 88E6071

I found that all standard IEEE compliant PHY's have 32 registers and the
general purpose code supplied by ST
should work with all of them. However when I triad modifying the ST code
to work with the switch I found out
that ST code does not work properly. At least the code I had at that
time...

You may have some settings issues but most probably you have a hardware
problem.

If you think your hardware is OK check that the PHY is reset properly.
ST code uses a fixed time delay that may
not be sufficient. Also check that auto negotiation and other parameters
are set properly.

After you check everything from the software and still see problems you
need to check that hardware is OK.

Good luck,
Noam.