lwip-users

[lwip-users] Which PPP implementation should be used? PPP-new or PPP fro

From: LMao
Subject: [lwip-users] Which PPP implementation should be used? PPP-new or PPP from the master branch
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:57:56 +0000

Hi there,

I am new to the lwIP community and try to use lwIP v1.4.1 to implement a gateway between an Ethernet interface and PPP on ATM91SAM7x.  I found a port (with lwIP 1.3) in FreeRTOS community contributions and migrated to lwIP 1.4.1. It works fine with the Ethernet part, but the port doesn’t contain PPP part. Therefore I need add PPP application by myself.

I have read the lwIP PPP wiki and some archived messages regarding PPP from this mail list. In the wiki, it talks about the PPP implementation contained in the master branch, but in the mail list, it seems everybody uses ppp-new. My question is which one should I use? What are their differences?

Thanks,

Charles