lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] dhcp_create_msg failure

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] dhcp_create_msg failure
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:20:51 +0100

 Behrooz Shafiee wrote:

>   LWIP_ASSERT("dhcp_create_msg: dhcp->p_out == NULL", dhcp->p_out == NULL);
>
> using some outputs I realized this happens because dhcp_create_msg being
> called consecutively without a dhcp_delete_msg in between.
> [..]
> I don't know the lwip mechanics but I am guessing sometimes the
> dhcp_delete_message takes longer than usual I guess...
> I have attached a log file as well.

The way your log output is formatted suggests that you are violating lwIP's
threading requirements and more than one thread is active in the core at the
same time: trace output of ip_input is mixed with that of dhcp functions.
I guess this sometimes results in two threads running the deco code at the same
time, which is not supported.

Simon