lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] expected behavior of sys_arch_mbox_fetch()

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] expected behavior of sys_arch_mbox_fetch()
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:03:34 +0100

Fabian Koch wrote:
> I was wondering what the expected bahivor of sys_arch_mbox_fetch() is when
> the mbox that is being waited on is freed by another task.
> Example:
> Task1 is stuck in lwip_accept()
> Task2 does an lqip_close() on the socket.

This question has been asked often before (though not in the last months).
Unfortunately, the answer still is that this is not supported. The current
socket/netconn API implementation does NOT allow a single socket/netconn to be
used from multiple threads (i.e. accept in one thread, close in another
thread). In other words, while you may use multiple threads, each
socket/netconn must be assigned to one thread at a time.

Simon