lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Custom PBUF_RAM for TX?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Custom PBUF_RAM for TX?
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:14:33 +0100

Alun Evans wrote:

> [resending as never saw this make the archive]

I don't know why, but the savannah mailing list server sometimes seems to have
problems lately which result in even some of my mails being rejected. These
mails have to be accepted by a moderator, which is the reason for the delay.

> I’ve been going through the archives and code looking for an answer, like a
> few previous users, we have the desire to have the payload of the pbuf point
> to a specific address in memory.
> [..]
> The other question, is that really it’s only the *payload* that we’d like
> allocated at this custom address, i.e. we’d be happy to have the meta-data of
> the pbuf live in the heap, or a pool, but the payload point to the custom
> address. I take it that this is not possible?

I don't have the sources in front of me right now, but from memory, don't we
already have this "pbuf-custom" thing? Currently, the stack assumes that
PBUF_RAM type pbufs are contiguous, I.e. the meta data is located next to the
payload., so your optimization will not work, I guess.

Simon